If you have read the article on photo books, I’m sure you now share my viewpoint on why it’s better to print pictures rather than keep them on a disk.
Matting and framing your picture can make a world of difference in the appearance. Using the mat board (or passé partout) made of special cardboard, we separate the picture from the world around. In the photo books the pictures interact one with the other on two page openings. While printing separate photos and matting them makes every picture a single piece of art and a single emotion. This is the first advantage of framing and matting the photos.
Among other strong points of passé partout are:
- state of the art framing will single out the artistic value of your photos and will make them look complete. Matting draws the viewer’s attention to the details in the picture and empowers the general impression,
- the photos are protected from fingerprints, because you will touch the cardboard, when you hold the picture,
- the solid cardboard and the special box will protect your pictures from creasing,
- you can always renew your gallery of framed pictures in passé partout,
- ordering a set of nicely matted and framed pictures is often more economic than ordering a photo book.